Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
A Few Tips
SERVPRO of Williamson County offers these water damage tips to help with any loss you might experience on your property. It is critical that you understand what to do and what not to do if you have water damage in your home. SERVPRO has been in the industry for over 40 years and can help with any type or size water loss.
If your Franklin, TN home has water damage, be safe and call SERVPRO immediately to get our trained technicians on site and ready to help. Our team is available to help, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (615) 790-9634
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.